- To enable all our children to develop a deep understanding of the knowledge and skills in each subject, integrating this into their long term memory.
- To instil high aspirations in all our children, building a positive mind-set and a sense of belonging by tailoring to our children’s needs.
- To enable our children to flourish in all areas of our deep and focused curriculum that provides wide opportunities, creating positive school memories.
Together in God’s Promises, Goodness and Love
- Children to feel confident at expressing their beliefs and to have an awareness and sensitivity of diversity that will enable them to succeed in our modern world.
At Holy Trinity Church School, our vision is that all children will leave us having been exposed to a wide repertoire of music as well as having the opportunity to learn a range of tuned instruments.
Music is taught from EYFS through to Year 6. We follow a scheme of work called 'Charanga' which ensures that the children cover the following elements each year:
- Play and Perform:
- Playing instruments
- Create and Compose:
- Listen and Appraise a wide range of music
- History of Music relevant to the year group foundation subject topics
Throughout the year, all the children have the opportunity to participate in musical performances including:
- EYFS - Year 4 - Christmas production
- Year 5 - Spring Term production
- Year 6 - Summer Term production
In addition to this, we have a number of visiting theatre companies and music workshops in school throughout the year; KS1 attend the Octagon Theatre pantomime and Year 6 visit either Bristol or London to watch a West End production.
Throughout their time at Holy Trinity, the children have the opportunity to learn the following instruments:
- Ocarina - Year 1
- Glockenspiel - Year 2 and 3
- Recorder - Year 2 and 3
- Brass - Year 4
- Clarinet - Year 5
Individual lessons in brass and clarinet are offered from Year 4 upwards.
Year 5 - Whole Class Ensemble Tuition - Clarinet
Music Skills and Progression